Friday, July 29, 2011

ABSTRACT ARTISTS

This term in art we are learning about Abstract Artists.  Do you know what abstract art is??  the first artist we have learnt about is Piet Mondrian.  He was a Dutch artist and was born on March 7 1872 and died on February 1st 1944.  He used mainly primary colours in his art work.  He also used a mix of straight vertical and horizontal lines. 
We are creating our own pieces of art work in the style of Piet Mondrian.
Here is an animoto showing what he looked like and some of his art work.

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi 3j
I like piet mondrian and the art where doing.
Tom.F

Ella said...

Dear Mrs R
I like doing art because it is my favourite subject at school.I like doing piet mondrian style in art I think it is fun.
from Ella

Hemant said...

Hi Mrs R I really liked Doing Peit Mondrians abstract because you have to use primary colours and you have to use black and white. From Hemant.

Anonymous said...

I like doing abstract art from lachlan.

Anonymous said...

I liked our walkathon.tomp

Anonymous said...

hi mrs r i liked Piet Mondrian art we do in class from matthew

Anonymous said...

Hi 3j
I liked raw art
from Brooke

kane said...

I enjoy art and am helping my little sister with her abstract paintings.

Anonymous said...

hi 3j
i like doing abstract art and i really really like doing piet mondrians art work .my art was a dog.

isabella said...

hi 3j I like doing art from izzy